ID :
139445
Thu, 08/26/2010 - 19:43
Auther :
Shortlink :
http://m.oananews.org//node/139445
The shortlink copeid
Vagabov-led terrorist cell stood behind Moscow metro blasts
.
MOSCOW, August 26 (Itar-Tass) - The materials of the case on the March
29 blasts in the Moscow metro provide sufficient grounds to claim that
Magomedali Vagabov and his terrorist network stood behind those terrorist
acts, according to Alexander Bastrykin, chairman of the Investigative
Committee of the Russian Prosecutor General's Office.
"The analysis of evidence collected under the criminal case give
sufficient grounds to claim that the terrorist acts that were staged in
Moscow and Kizlyar this year Moscow had been planned, prepared and
perpetrated by members of a Vagabov-led terrorist cell," Bastrykin said in
an interview to be published by the Rossiyskaya Gazeta daily on Thursday.
He said that Vagabov had been accused of dozens of armed attacks on
law enforcers many of whom were killed. "That is why it's accidental that
we permanently persecuted Vagabov. In the end, he got what he deserved,"
Bastrykin went on to say.
"Now, the task of investigators is to find the whereabouts and detain
concrete organizers, perpetrators and accomplices in those crimes," the
head of the Investigative Committee said.
"The investigation into the suicide bombings at the Lubyanka and Park
Kultury metro stations is still under way. The identities of two female
suicide bombers have been established. They are Maryam Sharipova, 28, and
Dzhennet Abdullayeva, 18. Both women are the natives of Dagestan. Both
were unofficial wives of terrorists who were destroyed in anti-terror
operations," Bastrykin emphasized. He added that a man who accompanied
Sharipova had always been identified and measures were being taken to
detain him.
"Daud Magomedov, a suicide bomber, accompanied Adbullayeva to a bus.
He blew himself up in the city of Kizlyar in spring this year.
Thirty-seven-year-old Ali Isagadzhiyev controlled Abdullayeva's actions on
her way to Moscow and directly during the metro blast. Isagadzhiyev was
destroyed in April when he attacked Federal Security Service employees,"
Bastrykin stressed.
Vagabov and anther four terrorists were killed in a special operation
near the Dagestani village of Gunib on August 21.
Magomedali Vagabov had been on the federal and international wanted
lists for many years. His 'Shariat wife', Maryam Sharipova, was one of the
two female suicide bombers who blew themselves up in the Moscow metro on
March 29. The two blasts occurred almost one after another at the Lubyanka
and Park Kultury metro stations. As a result, 40 people died and more than
90 were injured.
. Moscow court to appoint jurors for Euroset case.
MOSCOW, August 26 (Itar-Tass) - The Moscow City Court will appoint a
jury on Thursday that will consider the cases of nine former employees of
the Euroset mobile phone retailer who are charged with kidnapping.
A meeting that will be held behind the closed doors will select 12
major and at least two substitute jurors.
On September 2, 2008, the investigative service of the Investigative
Committee of the Russian Prosecutor General's Office filed a criminal
lawsuit against Boris Levin, the vice-president for security and legal
support of the Euroset's managing company. Investigators have established
that in summer 2003 Levin suspected delivery driver Vlaskin and his
workmate of stealing goods from the company's storehouse in huge amounts
but he didn't have any material evidence.
"From December 2003 till April 2004 the defendants and other persons
unidentified by the investigators gained possession of Vlaskin's money,
property and real estate worth more than 13 million roubles with the
knowledge and consent of the former co-owner Yevgeny Chichvarkin. In doing
so, they threatened Vlaskin and his relatives with violence and bodily
harm," Marina Gridneva, spokesperson for the Russian Prosecutor General's
Office, told Itar-Tass. Boris Levin, Vitaly Tsverkunov, Sergei Katorgin
and Andrei Yermilov have been taken into custody. Other people related to
this case have given written pledge not to leave Moscow.
Yevgeny Chichvarkin, who is now living in Britain, is being charged
with abduction in Russia.
. Medvedev, Swiss president to discuss economic cooperation.
SOCHI, the Black Sea, August 26 (Itar-Tass) - Russian President Dmitry
Medvedev will meet his Swiss counterpart Doris Leuthard on Thursday. She
will stay in Russia on a working visit.
A Kremlin administration source told Itar-Tass that the two presidents
would focus on bilateral economic cooperation, including the energy sphere
and hi-tech. The economic agencies of Russia and Switzerland are going to
sign an Action plan until the end of 2013.
-0-fil/
MOSCOW, August 26 (Itar-Tass) - The materials of the case on the March
29 blasts in the Moscow metro provide sufficient grounds to claim that
Magomedali Vagabov and his terrorist network stood behind those terrorist
acts, according to Alexander Bastrykin, chairman of the Investigative
Committee of the Russian Prosecutor General's Office.
"The analysis of evidence collected under the criminal case give
sufficient grounds to claim that the terrorist acts that were staged in
Moscow and Kizlyar this year Moscow had been planned, prepared and
perpetrated by members of a Vagabov-led terrorist cell," Bastrykin said in
an interview to be published by the Rossiyskaya Gazeta daily on Thursday.
He said that Vagabov had been accused of dozens of armed attacks on
law enforcers many of whom were killed. "That is why it's accidental that
we permanently persecuted Vagabov. In the end, he got what he deserved,"
Bastrykin went on to say.
"Now, the task of investigators is to find the whereabouts and detain
concrete organizers, perpetrators and accomplices in those crimes," the
head of the Investigative Committee said.
"The investigation into the suicide bombings at the Lubyanka and Park
Kultury metro stations is still under way. The identities of two female
suicide bombers have been established. They are Maryam Sharipova, 28, and
Dzhennet Abdullayeva, 18. Both women are the natives of Dagestan. Both
were unofficial wives of terrorists who were destroyed in anti-terror
operations," Bastrykin emphasized. He added that a man who accompanied
Sharipova had always been identified and measures were being taken to
detain him.
"Daud Magomedov, a suicide bomber, accompanied Adbullayeva to a bus.
He blew himself up in the city of Kizlyar in spring this year.
Thirty-seven-year-old Ali Isagadzhiyev controlled Abdullayeva's actions on
her way to Moscow and directly during the metro blast. Isagadzhiyev was
destroyed in April when he attacked Federal Security Service employees,"
Bastrykin stressed.
Vagabov and anther four terrorists were killed in a special operation
near the Dagestani village of Gunib on August 21.
Magomedali Vagabov had been on the federal and international wanted
lists for many years. His 'Shariat wife', Maryam Sharipova, was one of the
two female suicide bombers who blew themselves up in the Moscow metro on
March 29. The two blasts occurred almost one after another at the Lubyanka
and Park Kultury metro stations. As a result, 40 people died and more than
90 were injured.
. Moscow court to appoint jurors for Euroset case.
MOSCOW, August 26 (Itar-Tass) - The Moscow City Court will appoint a
jury on Thursday that will consider the cases of nine former employees of
the Euroset mobile phone retailer who are charged with kidnapping.
A meeting that will be held behind the closed doors will select 12
major and at least two substitute jurors.
On September 2, 2008, the investigative service of the Investigative
Committee of the Russian Prosecutor General's Office filed a criminal
lawsuit against Boris Levin, the vice-president for security and legal
support of the Euroset's managing company. Investigators have established
that in summer 2003 Levin suspected delivery driver Vlaskin and his
workmate of stealing goods from the company's storehouse in huge amounts
but he didn't have any material evidence.
"From December 2003 till April 2004 the defendants and other persons
unidentified by the investigators gained possession of Vlaskin's money,
property and real estate worth more than 13 million roubles with the
knowledge and consent of the former co-owner Yevgeny Chichvarkin. In doing
so, they threatened Vlaskin and his relatives with violence and bodily
harm," Marina Gridneva, spokesperson for the Russian Prosecutor General's
Office, told Itar-Tass. Boris Levin, Vitaly Tsverkunov, Sergei Katorgin
and Andrei Yermilov have been taken into custody. Other people related to
this case have given written pledge not to leave Moscow.
Yevgeny Chichvarkin, who is now living in Britain, is being charged
with abduction in Russia.
. Medvedev, Swiss president to discuss economic cooperation.
SOCHI, the Black Sea, August 26 (Itar-Tass) - Russian President Dmitry
Medvedev will meet his Swiss counterpart Doris Leuthard on Thursday. She
will stay in Russia on a working visit.
A Kremlin administration source told Itar-Tass that the two presidents
would focus on bilateral economic cooperation, including the energy sphere
and hi-tech. The economic agencies of Russia and Switzerland are going to
sign an Action plan until the end of 2013.
-0-fil/