OANA Seoul 2015 Declaration
We, the delegates to the Executive Board meeting of the Organization of Asia Pacific News Agencies (OANA), which was held for two days from Nov. 16, 2015, declare as follows through in-depth discussion on the changed media environment driven by the rise of mobile media.
1. OANA members will expand their cooperation in keeping credibility as news agencies that provide quick and accurate news.
2. We will lead the media market with quick and accurate news services based on the understanding that the role of news agencies is ever growing due to the rise of mobile media.
3. We will vitalize exchanges and bolster cooperation in various fields among member companies to protect information sovereignty in the Asia-Pacific region.
4. We will raise competitiveness and professionalism as news agencies by extensively sharing human, material sources and experiences among member companies.
5. In response to recent terrorist attacks, OANA condemns such acts and resolves to continue to report on acts of terrorism accurately and without fear or bias.
We promise to work closely with each other to carry out the above-mentioned declaration.
November 17th, 2015
President of OANA and TASS Director General, Mr. Sergey Mikhaylov
President and CEO of Yonhap News Agency, Mr. Park No-hwang
AAP(Australia), Anadolu(Turkey), AZERTAC(Azerbaijan), Bernama(Malaysia), IRNA(Iran), Kyodo News(Japan), Montsame(Mongolia), VNA(Vietnam), WAM(United Arab Emirates), Xinhua(China)